Ergonomic Computer Keyboard Trays
Though Ergonomic Computer Keyboard Trays aren't the most popular item in one's list of ergonomic computer furniture, some ergonomic experts say that an ergonomic keyboard tray is the second most important component of an ergonomic workstation. (Ergonomic computer chair being the first.)
Ergonomic Computer Keyboard trays help align your arms in the ideal ergonomic posture - a right angle (90 degrees) when tapping away on your keyboard.
Click to see Ergonomic Pictures, if you aren't yet familiar with an ideal work posture.
Most desks are too 'high' or too 'tall' for users anyway, and the usual way to adjust it by adjusting the height of your chair.
Ergonomic keyboard trays are more "something your keyboard rests on". Some ergonomic keyboard trays have adjustable heights, keyboard tilting features, a mouse house (which I think is very important), wrists and palm rests, slip and slide features etc.
Best Selling Ergonomic Computer Keyboard Trays
1. Fellowes 9140301 Keyboard Drawer
The best selling ergonomic keyboard tray in Amazon.com is the Fellowes 9140301 Keyboard Drawer
- Converts a conventional desk to an ergonomic workstation!
- Height adjustable unit moves keyboard and mouse off the desktop to save workspace
- Keyboard tray features three height adjustments to suit preferred work position
- Easy to install and adjust for personal comfort
- Mouse tray mounts to right or left side of keyboard tray or stows underneath when not in use and keyboard stopper holds keyboard securely in place while you work
- Mouse tray mounts to right or left side of keyboard tray or stows underneath when not in use and keyboard stopper holds keyboard
Premium version Fellowes 8036001 Professional Series Premier Keyboard Tray.
2. 3M Keyboard Tray
Another popular ergonomic keyboard tray is the 3M Keyboard Tray
- 3M Keyboard Trays are the ultimate solution for maximizing workplace comfort and productivity with the support you need and comfort you want.
- Ergonomic arm design lets you set both height and tilt (+15°/-15°) by loosening and tightening a single knob
- Standard all-in-one keyboard platform holds both keyboard and mouse.
- Mousing surface can be positioned left or right.
- 17" track length is ideal for shallow workstations as well as desks with deeper mounting depths
One Last Note about The Ergonomic Keyboard Tray
When adjusting work surfaces to make them more ergonomic, be careful that your sitting position at your desk is not compromised by a poorly attached computer keyboard such that it comes into contact with your thighs.
This is so especially when you raise your chair to achieve the correct angles. (See Ergonomic Pictures.)
Sometimes this limiting feature causes the user to sit too low at their desks.
Just something to keep in mind when buying a computer desk that already has the underlying keyboard tray.
Go back to Ergonomic Keyboard Tray.